Wednesday, August 3, 2011

GenCon Day 1 The Will Call Line; a Cautionary Tale

Made it to Indianapolis in about 10 hours, easy ride up with the Mrs and Dan over at Tales from the Tower. Had some rain a bit of the way, but all-in-all, not bad. Wednesdays are pretty much just a get here and get your stuff stowed away. I really must warn you about the perils of the Will Call line. In the name of all that does not suck, please get your registration sent to you via mail so you don't have to participate in this frosty Hell:

OMFG Look at this Damned Line

The line stretches all the way back to Chicago. I'm not kidding, it's just simply ridiculous. One can walk right up and register off the street in just a very few minutes, but woe be the gamer who registered early and decided to brave the Will Call line. I think most of these poor souls waited at least 45 minutes and I heard of some hour-long waits. Ouch.

In other news, LEGO Minotaurs are way cool:

Holy Minotaurus Batman!

I'll have some more pics tomorrow. Also, I just downloaded my S&W Tome of Horrors Complete and it's everything that I thought it would be. On a quick skim it's just an incredibly impressive collection.

More tomorrow...


3 comments:

  1. One day I am going to have to go to GenCon. If it looks like the old school presence is getting stronger it might be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony, I'll see you there Friday! I'm getting ready to head to Venice to fly back Stateside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have gotten down there. Alas we had 2 of the 3 kids in camp but I could not find a good place for Will this week. Have fun dude!

    ReplyDelete